Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Things I Like Vol. 41

Ok, so it's a New Year and I promised to keep this here thing up, so here goes.


Ten People/Places/Things That Rock My World:

1) Vodka tonics. I have recently rediscovered the joys of Absolut over ice. Yay.

2) Panera, all locations - I know, it's a franchise. But damn, that sourdough bread is addictive like crack.

3) Speaking of crack - Clancy's, Neptune NJ - the potato soup is, well, you guessed it...

4) Scene of the Crime - Bettye Lavette. Yeah, right on, sis. Being an older chick fucking rules! Don't even try to tell me I'm irrelevant cos I don't dig Hannah Montana--this is music by and for adults, baby!

5) Just A Little Lovin' - Shelby Lynne. All of the above, plus it's all (or mostly all) Dusty Springfield music. Righteous.

6) The Twisted Tree, Asbury Park NJ - Acoustic Maybe Pete, candlelight, health food and BYO wine. Plus it's stumbling distance from my front door.

7) The New York fucking Dolls. Better than most bands even on a bad night (sorry to disagree with you, JM). Coming soon to the legendary Stone Pony for a return engagement. Gotta love Syl's gold Les Paul!

8) Hillary. Ok, so I'm not a huge fan. I thought she and the hubby kinda sold out. But I'll admit it, the crying bit got me.
Can anyone say America's Family Reunion (on the Mall) Volume 2? (If you don't know what that is, use the Google, dummy!)

9) "Lowlife (Livin' the Highlife)" - Kid Rock. Ok, so he didn't get the joke. It's still a great song, and the money goes to one of my oldest, dearest friends. What's the downside?

10) Peter Criss lives in Wall NJ. No no no...in WALL NJ! I know a couple people who might be up for some stalkin'...

Hero of the Week: John Edwards. Everyone's counted him out, and yeah, he probably is out. But he's not going without a fight. Not bad for someone who continues to accept no corporate donations.

Villain of the Week: Roger Clemens. I'm sorry, but you're a lying sack of sh*t. You have been blessed with one of the best arms in the history of the game, and you go and blow your reputation for the sake of a couple of extra years. Say it ain't so.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa, this is the 'other' Lisa Iannucci -- cool site! nice job! Check out my stuff at www.celebrity-do-gooders.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete